The next election to be held in Madera County is the Statewide Direct Primary Election.
Election Day is Tuesday, June 5, 2018.
The following Voter-Nominated Offices are scheduled to appear on that ballot:
- Lieutenant Governor
- Secretary of State
- Attorney General
- Insurance Commissioner
- Member, Board of Equalization District 1
- United States Senator
- US Representative in Congress, Districts 4 and 16
- State Senator, Districts 8 and 12
- Member of the Assembly, District 5
All voters, regardless of the party preference they disclosed upon registration, or refusal to disclose a party preference, may vote for any candidate for a voter-nominated or nonpartisan office. The party preference, if any, designated by a candidate for a voter-nominated office is selected by the candidate and is shown for the information of the voters only. It does not imply that the candidate is nominated or endorsed by the party or that the party approves of the candidate.
(Elections Code Section 13206 (b))
The following Nonpartisan Offices are scheduled to appear on that ballot:
- Judge of the Superior Court – 5 seats
- State Superintendent of Public Instruction
- County Superintendent of Schools
- County Supervisor, District 1
- County Supervisor, District 2
- County Supervisor, District 5
- County Clerk-Recorder
- District Attorney
- Tax Collector-Treasurer
The party preference, if any, of a candidate for a nonpartisan office does not appear on the ballot.
(Elections Code Section 13206(b))