Duties of the Inspector –
The Inspector is the lead worker on a precinct board and is required to:
- Attend mandatory training class (approximately 2 hours) to receive training and pick up the supplies and ballots for Election Day.
- Check supplies to be certain you have been provided all materials needed to conduct the election.
- Call the other Board Members assigned to your precinct and remind them to appear on Election Day.
- Call the polling place contact person to ensure you will have access at 6:00 a.m. election morning.
- Assign duties, including set up, clean up and breaks to the Board Members.
- Return the ballots and supplies to the central counting center (or as otherwise instructed); accompanied by another board member of your choice.