Services for Voters with Disabilities
The Elections Division provides the following:
- State Voter Information Guide Audio available for voters with visual impairments.
- County Voter Information Guide Audio available for voters with visual impairments.
- Information on Polling Place Accessibility.
- Each polling place is surveyed to determine accessibility.
- Polling place accessibility is indicated on the back cover of your County Voter Information Guide.
- If your polling place is not accessible, you may contact the Elections Division for information on curbside voting or Vote By Mail voting.
- Written instructions (posted) and magnifier (available from table) for the vision impaired.
- Assistance marking your Official Ballot.
- You may have up to two people of your choice assist you; however, you may not be assisted by your employer, union representative nor an agent of your employer or union representative.
- Curbside Voting.
- If your polling place is not accessible you may vote in any area as close to the polling place as possible.
- Someone must alert the Precinct Officers for you, and they will bring the voting materials to you.
- Permanent Vote By Mail Status.
- Any voter may now apply for Permanent Vote By Mail status. Click here for the Permanent Vote-by-Mail Status Application
- This status provides that for each election in which you are entitled to vote, you will be sent a ballot automatically.
- Failure to vote in four consecutive statewide general elections will revoke your status and you will need to re-apply.
For more information, see our Permanent Vote By Mail Information page.
Supplemental Voting System
Every polling place in Madera County has an accessible electronic voting unit designed for Voters with Disabilities and for Voters with Limited Proficiency in English.
Voters are able to vote privately and independently, view and/or listen to their ballot in English or Spanish and each unit can accommodate the use of Tactile Switches or Sip and Puff devices.
Using the eSlate™ electronic voting equipment is easy! To see how it’s done, click on the links below.