LANGUAGE ACCESSIBILITY ADVISORY COMMITTEE (LAAC)
As a committee under the Registrar of Voters, the Language Accessibility Advisory Committee (LAAC) is responsible for making recommendations for improving election materials, polling places, websites, voter materials and election procedures for voters with limited proficiency in English.
October 10, 2018
Language Accessibility Advisory Committee (LAAC) Workshop – English/Spanish/Punjabi
County Government Center, Board Chambers, 1st Floor
200 W. 4th Street, Madera
3:00pm to 5:00pm
Meetings are held at least twice a year and more often as necessary prior to an election. Meetings are structured to provide a forum where community members can provide advice that contributes to the Registrar of Voter’s decision making process.
Meetings will be open to the public and members of the public will have opportunity to make oral statements during those meetings. All meetings are accessible to voters with limited proficiency in English and translators are on site to provide assistance in Spanish, as needed.
The next meeting of the Madera County LAAC:
Date: Thursday, September 10, 2018
Time: 6:00 pm
- County Government Center
- 2nd Floor, Room 2005
- 200 W. 4th Street
- Madera, CA 93637
For more information, to ask questions, or give comments, the committee can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by postal mail at:
Madera County LAAC
200 W. 4th Street
Madera CA 93637
Click this link for the current LAAC Member Roster 2017-2018
The LAAC is responsible for working on:
- Recommendations for reaching out to individuals and organizations that serve voters with limited proficiency in English
- Recommendations for improving access and participation in elections by voters with limited proficiency in English
- Recommendations for improving access and availability of election materials in required languages
- Assisting in disseminating information to limited English proficiency communities
- Assisting in the development of more accessible, plain language voting materials
- Assisting in the recruitment and retention of Bilingual poll workers
The Madera County LAAC accepts applications throughout the year.
If you would like to apply to become a member, click the links below and complete the application.
Completed applications can be mailed to the address shown or can be emailed to: email@example.com.
For more information about a project or working group, or to learn about how you can get involved, email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Punjabi Radio Public Service Announcement
A Spanish Language Workshop was held on:
April 22, 2018
Pan American Community Center
703 Sherwood Way, Madera
4:00 pm to 6:00 pm