Permanent Vote by Mail Information
Any voter may apply for Permanent Vote By Mail Status by:
1. Sending a written request for Permanent Vote By Mail Status to the Elections Division which includes:
- Your name
- Your residence address
- The address to which you would like your ballot mailed (if different from residence)
- Your signature
- Permanent Vote-by-Mail Status Application
2. Call the Elections Division at (559) 675-7720 or (800)-435-0509 to request that an application be mailed to you.
3. Mark the box requesting Permanent Vote By Mail Status on the Application for Vote by Mail Ballot located on the back cover of your County Voter Information Guide.
4. Apply in person at the Elections Division, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
You may apply for Permanent Vote by Mail status at any time. Ballots will be mailed to voters with Permanent Vote by Mail status approximately 29 days before an election.
For more information on voting and returning your ballot, please see the Vote By Mail Information page on this website.
Once Permanent Vote by Mail status has been added to your record, you will remain on that list permanently unless you fail to return a voted ballot in four consecutive statewide general elections. Removal from the list of Permanent Vote by Mail voters does not affect your voter registration status.