Voters with Disabilities
Services for Voters with Disabilities
Madera County Elections office is committed to ensuring all voters can participate in elections and provides various accessible programs and services to help voters cast their vote privately and independently. Four federal laws guide many of these programs and services:
- Voting Rights Act of 1965
- Voting Accessibility for the Elderly and Handicapped Act of 1984
- Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990
- Help America Vote Act of 2002
The elections division provides the following.
- State Voter Information Guide Audio CD available for voters with visual impairments.
- County Voter Information Guide Audio available for voters with visual impairments.
- Written instructions (posted) and magnifier (available from table) for the vision impaired.
- Assistance marking your Official Ballot.
- You may have up to two people of your choice assist you; however, you may not be assisted by your employer, union representative nor an agent of your employer or union representative.
- Curbside Voting
- Someone must alert the Election Officers for you, and they will bring the voting materials to you.