Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

Below are answers to a number of Frequently Asked Questions. If you have further questions please call the Madera County Elections Division at (559) 675-7720 or (800) 435-0509.

What To Do if You Forgot to Sign Your Vote-by-Mail Ballot Envelope

You may have received notice that you did not sign your vote-by-mail envelope when you returned it. Obtain the form here to provide your signature:
Unsigned Ballot Notice – English
Unsigned Ballot Notice – Spanish

What To Do if Your Signature on Your Vote-by-Mail Envelope Did Not Match Your Signature on File

You may have received notice that your signature on your vote-by-mail envelope did not match your signature on file. Obtain the form here to provide your signature:
Signature Verification Notice – English
Signature Verification Notice – Spanish

What is the Status of My Ballot?

Elections Code Section 3019.7 (AB 2218) requires that the Secretary of State establish a system that county elections officials may use to allow a vote-by-mail voter to track and receive information about his or her vote by mail ballot as it moves through the mail system, and as the vote by mail ballot is processed by the county elections official.
Madera County is participating in Where’s My Ballot, click below to sign up!

Ballot info and status

Voters are encouraged to sign up to receive emails or text messages with information about your ballot and its status!

If you do not want to sign up for BallotTrax, you can still find out the status of your vote by mail ballot by using these links:

My Voter Status-English
My Voter Status-Spanish

If you need more information, or if you are directed to call the Registrar of Voters, please call (559) 675-7720 or (800) 435-0509 toll free and video relay service accessible.

What is the Voter’s Choice Act (VCA)?

Click the button below for information on VCA.

How can I cancel my voter registration?

If you are currently registered to vote in Madera County and would like to cancel your voter registration, you can complete the California Voter Registration Cancellation Request Form and submit it to Madera County elections. If you have any questions, you can contact your county elections office or the Secretary of State’s Voter Hotline at (800) 345-VOTE (8683).

California Voter Registration Cancellation Request Form – English
California Voter Registration Cancellation Request Form – Spanish