Registering to Vote
You must be registered to vote 15 days prior to an election to be eligible to vote.
You can register to vote anytime, if you meet the following criteria:
- You are a United States citizen and a resident of California
- You are 18 years of age, or will turn 18 on or before election day
- You are not in prison or on parole for the conviction of a felony
You should re-register to vote if you:
- Change your name
- Wish to change your political party
- For more information on political parties, visit the Secretary of State’s website at www.sos.ca.gov
Call the Elections Division at (559) 675-7720 or (800)-435-0509 to report any changes in your mailing address.
You may also request that a voter registration form be mailed to you by calling the Elections Division at (559) 675-7720, (800)-435-0509 or e-mail us at email@example.com.
If you would like to register on-line, visit www.registertovote.ca.gov and complete the requested information.
Voters’ residence addresses, telephone numbers and precinct numbers are confidential; however, all voter registration information is available for political, governmental, journalistic or education purposes.
New Citizen? See Facts for New Citizens