Vote by Mail
Voting has been Improved in Madera County!
Watch our video about Voting in Madera County.
All registered voters in Madera County will automatically receive a ballot by mail for all elections in which you are eligible to vote.
This is because Madera County has implemented the Voter’s Choice Act.
Under the Voter’s Choice Act, you choose when, where, and how you vote.
You will have 3 ways to vote:
- Mail your ballot
- Drop off your ballot at a secure Ballot Drop Box
- Visit any Vote Center to drop off your ballot or vote in person.
Polling places will no longer be used. They have been replaced with Vote Centers.
At a Vote Center you can:
- Vote in person
- Drop off your completed ballot or get a replacement ballot
- Vote using an accessible voting machine
- Get help and voting materials in multiple languages
- At least 2 Vote Centers will be open for 11 days prior to Election Day
- All 6 Vote Centers will be open for the last 4 days prior to Election Day
Important Information about returning your ballot:
- Unable to Return Your Own Ballot
- If you are unable to return your voted ballot personally, you may authorize anyone to return it for you.
- Deadline for Ballot Return
- Ballots must be postmarked on or before Election Day and received within three days of the Election to be considered timely.
Signing your Ballot:
- You must sign where indicated on the Blue Identification Envelope or your ballot will not be counted!
What happens if you forget to sign your ballot?
If you forgot to sign your ballot you will receive a notice from us.
That notice will contain an “Unsigned Ballot Statement”.
- Complete the Unsigned Ballot Statement and return it to us by no later than the deadline shown on the letter.
- If your Unsigned Ballot Statement is received by the deadline, and your signature matches, we will be able to count your ballot.
If you misplaced the Unsigned Ballot Statement sent to you, you can download a copy here (will appear for current election only).
What happens if your signature does not match your voter registration affidavit?
If upon comparison of your signature we determine that it is not a match, you will be sent a notice. In order to count your ballot, you will need to complete the form sent to you and return it by the deadline indicated in the letter. If you misplace that notice, you can download a copy here (will appear for the current election only).